Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Belgian Cafe at the Intercontinental Hotel

Belgian waffle

When you step inside the Belgian Cafe, it feels like Europe.  It's as if a pub was picked up and moved to the Intercontinental.  Really great atmosphere.  However, the food is just ok.  I had a mussel pot (moules marinières I think was the idea), but it wasn't so good.  Perhaps it was too sandy (is it supposed to have sand?) or maybe because the last mussel pot I had was in the north of France in Boulogne-sur-Mer.  The french fries were good though (I learned last summer that french fries were actually invented in Belgium due to lack of a thin fish in the winter...).  Also, the Belgian waffle, while it didn't resemble the one I had in Bruges, it was really, really good!  Great to end the meal with something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment